Friday, February 28, 2014

Vampire Academy Movie Review








So a couple of days ago I saw Vampire Academy with my sister and mom, and surprisingly there were about 10 other people in there with us. Which was kind of disappointing since I really enjoyed the movie and I think that a majority of VA fans would have too. Yes, there were differences between the book (written by Richelle Mead) and movie (aren't there always??) but it was a decent adaption. I thought all the actors were great. But I do have a bone to pick about how they portrayed one character: Kirova. I kind of imagined her differently... and not so young. But at least the queen stayed the same! 


And I love how they did Rose's eyes when she was in Lissa's head




Favorite Parts:

The mall scene. 



Natalie and the wall.



From Dimitri doing this:



To Rose finally doing this:



Lissa and Rose's friendship.



All of those Dimitri-staring-at-Rose scenes.


Rose and Kirova and the Tranq.






I would give the movie 4.5/5 stars on being just a movie, but for it being close to the book I would it give it 3.5/5 stars. It held the same basic plot line but it was the little stuff that was different. But some of the little stuff I wish was the same as the book. But other than that, it was really good! I really wish more people took a chance with it. And I really hope (somehow) that Frostbite will come out.
Happy watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment