Friday, November 8, 2013

All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill


Title: All Our Yesterdays

Author: Cristin Terrill
Publication Date: first published on August 1, 2013
Genres: Young Adult, Sci-Fi, Romance
Plot: Only Em can complete the final instruction. She’s tried everything to prevent the creation of a time machine that will tear the world apart. She holds the proof: a list she has never seen before, written in her own hand. Each failed attempt in the past has led her to the same terrible present—imprisoned and tortured by a sadistic man called the doctor while war rages outside. 
Marina has loved her best friend James since the day he moved next door when they were children. A gorgeous, introverted science prodigy from one of America’s most famous families, James finally seems to be seeing Marina in a new way, too. But on one disastrous night, James’s life crumbles apart, and with it, Marina’s hopes for their future. Now someone is trying to kill him. Marina will protect James, no matter what. Even if it means opening her eyes to a truth so terrible that she may not survive it. At least not as the girl she once was. 
All Our Yesterdays is a wrenching, brilliantly plotted story of fierce love, unthinkable sacrifice, and the infinite implications of our every choice.

My Review: Honestly, I was a bit skeptical when I first heard of this book. But when I saw that my library had it, I got it. Might as well read it for free before buying it, right? Well I will be buying it! The book was so interesting! 
First thing that I loved: it's basically about time travel. I love how the book will go into detail about how the time travel stuff works. Time travel has always been interesting for me. But this book goes above and beyond my expectation for a time travel novel. I love the fact that the main characters, Em and Finn, are only able to stay in the past for a couple of days before being rushed back to the future. For me, it makes it seem more realistic (like if time travel was real this is how it would go).
Second thing that I loved: I was actually rooting for Em. Em goes into the past for a specific reason and through out the whole book I was rooting for her to accomplish it. I didn't want her to go back to a terrible future, I wanted her to accomplish what it was that she come there to do.
Third thing that I loved: the ending! The ending was so good! (And I'll leave it there! No spoilers here!)
But there was one thing that I noticed that was a bit weird: some of the chapters were spelled weird.  Mainly anything with four in it, like fourteen. Take a look: 
I had to do a double take when I first saw it. 
All in all I'd give the book 4.5/5 stars!
There is a sequel coming out Summer of 2014! No title, cover, or a real synopsis yet. But nonetheless, the sequel is on my TBR list!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment