Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Fault Line by C. Desir


Title: Fault Line
Author: C. Desir
Publication Date: October 15, 2013
Summary: Ben could date anyone he wants, but he only has eyes for the new girl — sarcastic free-spirit, Ani. Luckily for Ben, Ani wants him too. She’s everything Ben could ever imagine. Everything he could ever want.

But that all changes after the party. The one Ben misses. The one Ani goes to alone.
Now Ani isn’t the girl she used to be, and Ben can’t sort out the truth from the lies. What really happened, and who is to blame?
Ben wants to help her, but she refuses to be helped. The more she pushes Ben away, the more he wonders if there’s anything he can do to save the girl he loves.


My review: Ellen Hopkins did a review for this book and she said that is a necessary read for every teen, boy or girl. I absolutely, 100% agree with her. This book is one that everyone should read. It shows how rape can effect people, and in many different ways. But the main effect shown in this book is promiscuity. It kind of reminded me of Kitty from Glee. Kind of. Ani takes it to a whole new level.
I think Desir did a wonderful job with presenting this kind of abuse. She made it believable with her characters. The only thing is, I wish that there was more of an ending. (Spoilers!) I wanted to see if Ani properly healed. And if Ben would've stuck by her, if not as a boyfriend, than as a friend. 
I would give this book a 4.5/5 stars.

If you read this one I also suggest Easy by Tammara Webber.


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment