Thursday, November 28, 2013

Day of Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope all of you are eating a nice meal with some nice people. 
As we all know, November is the month of giving thanks- saying thank you. So I came up with a book-ish list of things to be thankful for.

Authors to be thankful for:
Richelle Mead. She is an amazing author who writes fantastic worlds and characters. Without her we wouldn't have Rose, Dimitri, Eugenie, Georgina, Sydney, Dorian, Adrian, Jill, and a whole bunch of other characters that I absolutely love!
Cassandra Clare. I've recently come across some stuff about her, mostly bad. But I would like to take the time to thank her for her books. Despite all of the bad stuff, I still think she's an amazing writer who created an amazing world. I love her strong heroines and amazing male leads.
Stephenie Meyer. I know that alot of people dislike the Twilight books but I have her to thank for really getting me into the YA genre. Because of Bella and Edward I wanted to find more stories that could make my imagination run.
J.K. Rowling. While Stephenie Meyer may have the title of helping me get into the YA genre, I have J.K. Rowling to thank for getting me into reading. I was in fifth grade when I first read Harry Potter. After that I couldn't put books down. I developed a love for reading and writing because of this series.
Libba Bray. She's the first person to make me cry over a book. Her Gemma Doyle triliogy is one of my favorite series of all time. I should also thank my friend, Lore for introducing me to A Great and Terrible Beauty.

Female heroines to be thankful for:
Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games Trilogy). Who wouldn't include her in a list of strong heroines? The crazy ones of course! I'm thankful for Katniss because she proves that females can be strong. 
Hermonie Granger (Harry Potter series). She proves that its okay to be really smart.
Kelsey Hayes (Tiger's Curse series). She proves that we should try to help anyone we can. And maybe we'll get a prince in the end. 
Tris Prior (Divergent Trilogy). She proves that we can push through the hard times.
Katy Swartz (Lux series). She proves that reading and blogging can be cool.

Fictional men to be thankful for:
Kartik (A Great and Terrible Beauty). 
The Herondale boys (The Mortal Instrament series and the Infernal Devices series). Can this count as one? They all are so wonderful.
Étienne St. Clair (Anna and the French Kiss). 
The Fuentes brothers (Perfect Chemestry series) . 
Maxon (Selection series).  

New books of 2013 to be thankful for:







Books that I read this year that are not necessarily new: 







And of course, I'm thankful for my chinchilla! Without him, this blog wouldn't have a title!
Have a safe Black Friday for those of you going out shopping!
And Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment